Susan Fahey Desmond
Susan Fahey Desmond
Susan Fahey Desmond is a Principal in the New Orleans, Louisiana, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. She maintains an active practice in both Louisiana and Mississippi.
Ms. Desmond specializes in the areas of labor and employment and civil litigation, including representing employers in Family and Medical Leave cases, discrimination claims relative to age, sex, disability, race, religion, and sexual harassment, and handling EEOC charges and other administrative complaints through the administrative and judicial process.
Ms. Desmond also routinely counsels clients on a variety of employment practices, including employment contracts and employee handbooks and policies. She conducts employee training seminars, harassment investigations, and frequently speaks on employment-related topics for groups such as the Society for Human Resource Management, Compliance Online, and other management organizations.
Honors and Recognitions
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, Labor and Employment Law
- Outstanding Young Lawyer in Mississippi (1997-1998)
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section; past chair, Labor Committee; Executive Council Coordinator, Young Lawyers Section; Torts and Insurance Practice Section; Emerging Issues Committee)
- Federal Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association, Director
- The Mississippi Bar Young Lawyers Division, Director
- "Complying with Employment Regulations," 2011 ed (Leading Lawyers on Analyzing Legislation and Adapting to the Changing State of Employment Law, Aspature Books) [Contributing Author]
- "International Labor and Employment Laws," ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law (2003 to the present) [Contributing Author]
- Employment Law, A Practical Compliance Reference (M. Lee Smith Publishers, 2010 and 2011) [Contributing Author]
- “Fair Labor Standards Act,” Mississippi Employment Law Practice Handbook (University of Mississippi, 2009 and 2003)
- Mississippi Employment Law Letter (2003- 2011) [Contributing Editor]
- “The Latest Public Sector Labor and Employment Law Developments,” Public Sector Employment Law (2005)
- “Significant New Developments in Discrimination and Retaliation Law,” Public Sector Employment Law (2005)
- “Employment Law Issues on the Information Superhighway,” Mississippi Business Law Journal (1997)